A few weeks ago we talked about National Car Care Month, and the importance of making good car maintenance a habit. So, how are you doing with that?
First, let’s take a look at some eye-opening stats from AAA:
Among U.S. adults who drive, one third (35 percent) have skipped or delayed maintenance or a repair that was recommended by their mechanic or specified in the factory maintenance schedule
And a survey of AAA approved auto repair facilities revealed:
- Six in ten (62%) repair shops say more than half of the vehicles they service are behind schedule for routine maintenance services.
- Three‐quarters (77%) of repair shops estimate customers who forget or ignore manufacturers’ recommended maintenance could save, on average, $100 or more per visit if they properly maintained their vehicles.
The more you know about car maintenance, the better equipped you’ll be to get in gear. Not only will you understand what needs to be done, you will have a clearer picture of why car maintenance services are so important. Some of the maintenance services we’ll be looking at that need to be done regularly include:
- Oil Changes
- Rotate Tires & Inspect for Proper Wear
- Flush Cooling System & Replace Coolant
- Drain & Refill Transmission
- Tune-up & Spark Plug Replacement
Let’s get you to become a car maintenance expert! Visit our shop to see how we can better serve you and keep your vehicle running longer.