As winter comes to an end, it’s time to get your car ready for spring driving & summer road trips. National Car Care Month, supported by the Car Care Council reminds you to take car of any issues that may have occurred or been ignored during winter.
Chances are, your vehicle is the second largest investment next to your home. Caring for it properly will ensure it delivers the performance, lasting value & enjoyment that you’ve come to love, need & expect. A properly maintained fleet of vehicles offers the greatest return on investment by performing dependably and safely for you and your loved ones. Proper maintenance also helps you avoid costly repairs down the road & that alone should be a motivator to take the best care of your vehicle.
According to the Car Care Council, 7 out of 10 vehicles fail at least one component of a vehicle inspection. These results show that a majority of vehicle owners could save money, time & headache by being more proactive when it comes to their cars, trucks & SUV’s. Whether you’re doing it yourself, or relying on our shop to take the best care of you and your vehicle, it’s time to get ready for the spring and summer travel season.
We recommend a variety of maintenance procedures to consider, especially during this time of year.
- Check the oil filter & fluids
- Inspect hoses at each oil change & have them replaced if they’re cracked or brittle
- Check the brakes & engine brake system
- Check the battery connection is tight, clean & free of corrosion
- Inspect the exhaust system for leaks, damage or broken supports
- Schedule a tune-up with us to make sure your fuel economy is performing at its best
- Check the car’s heating & A/C system to ensure interior comfort & even safety in these hot days to come
- Inspect the steering & suspension systems annually
- Check the pressure of all tires, including the spare
- Test interior and exterior lights & replace any non-working bulbs
If you have neglected any of the above maintenance intervals or you’re headed out on a road trip, we’re here to help keep you and your family safe. Swing on by & we can help!